Brand bidding & PPC optimization: effective bidding techniques (part 7 of 8)
Welcome to Part 7 of an eight-part series on PPC brand bidding, where I answer the biggest question facing PPC advertisers in 2016: How do I get meaningful growth numbers out of a crowded and competitive PPC market?
The answer is simple: brand bidding. My employer, The Search Monitor, has been monitoring brand bidding on PPC ads since 2008. I’ve noticed that the strongest performers tend to be the most dedicated defenders of their valuable branded terms.
I created this series to share this huge finding and offer tips from our clients on how brand bidding can drive monster PPC growth. Here’s a refresher on the first six parts:
- Part 1: Bidding History: Recaps how historically huge ROAS in the beginning has flatlined in recent years.
- Part 2: Brand Bidding Stats: Provides lots of stats on the effectiveness of brand bidding.
- Part 3: How to Do It: Outlines steps to implement brand bidding monster growth tactics.
- Part 4: Affiliates & Partners: Explains how to use partners and affiliates on brand and brand+ keywords.
- Part 5: Reducing Competition: Describes ways to minimize the impact of competitors on brand terms.
- Part 6: Enforcement Options: Discusses your legal options and how to enact them.
Today’s article, Part 7, focuses on the most effective brand bidding techniques we’ve seen in 2016, including screen shots from top PPC advertisers across five different products. A picture is worth 1,000 words, as the idiom goes, so use these screen shots as ammunition when you pitch your manager or client on creating a more effective brand bidding strategy.
The following examples illustrate effective brand bidding techniques across popular categories. To find out the prevalence of these tactics, I recommend using an automated ad monitoring technology to fully measure brand bidding activity in your industry.
Okay, here we go!
[Read the full article on Search Engine Land.]
From our sponsors: Brand bidding & PPC optimization: effective bidding techniques (part 7 of 8)