Search Engine Optimisation – The Stats
Did you know that 68% of consumers spend 81% or more of their total time shopping conducting product research online prior to purchase? What do people do when they are researching a product? They visit a search engine and type in keywords relating to the product or service they are searching. Simply put, this means that your website must be search engine optimised if you want to succeed in the online world and grow your sales in the bricks and mortar world.
What is SEO?
SEO is the process of increasing the visibility of a website or a page on a website on a search engines results page (SERP) which is organic, earned or natural.
To achieve higher listings on a SERP page for your website, it is important to look at the structure, design and usability of your website as well as having relevant content on your site. SEO is not something which you should do once and then consider it to be done. It is something that needs to be worked on continuously while keeping upto date with ever changing search engines.
Why SEO is Important to your business
The days of looking up a business or a service in a phone book are gone. Times have changed and these new times happen online on a search engine.
Generally, websites that appear higher up on a search engines results page will get more traffic through to their website and possibly an increase in sales as a result.
Still not convinced that you need SEO? Here are a few reasons as to why SEO cannot be ignored:
- Increased traffic to website
- Improve brand credibility – the higher up you are on Google, the better and more credible potential customers will perceive you to be
- Can help you increase your leads and sales
- Potentially unlimited customer reach – there are approximately 2.1 billion people online
- Your competitors are doing it
- Local search engine optimisation can significantly increase footfall in shops, cafes, stores, etc.
- Already a qualified lead. A potential customer using a search engine to search for a product or service should be considered a hit sales lead and your website is how you can capture that sale.
- SEO is generally lower in cost that Pay-Per-Click advertising.
How Can Cunningham Web Solutions Help you with your SEO?
Our expert team are on hand to help you with the following areas:
- Keyword Research
- Content Writing & Assessment
- Meta Tag Development
- Heading H1 Tags
- Meta Data Creation
- HTML & XML Sitemaps
- Canonical Urls
- Link Building Strategy & Architecture