Marketing Day: New Salesforce Wave Analytics features, App Store updates & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce boosts its Wave Analytics Cloud with new applications
Sep 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
The updates, from the company and ISVs, increase the utility of data from Salesforce and external sources.
- Apple begins purge of neglected, broken apps, no more ASO with app names
Sep 2, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Developers will have 30 days to fix the identified problems.
- Google Analytics App now offers Google Now-like automated insights
Sep 2, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Insight cards automatically spotlight positive and negative performance trends for faster analysis.
- Why it’s time to re-evaluate your AdWords account structure
Sep 2, 2016 by Frederick Vallaeys
Many changes and new features have rolled out recently in AdWords, and columnist Frederick Vallaeys believes this is the perfect opportunity to review your account structure.
- Influencer marketing: You’re doing it all wrong
Sep 2, 2016 by Maggie Malek
Columnist Maggie Malek explains how influencer marketing can end up missing the mark and how you can do it the right way.
- Local citations are dead; long live local citations!
Sep 2, 2016 by Andrew Shotland
Local citations are often thought to be the bread and butter of local SEO, but are we placing too much importance on them? Columnist Andrew Shotland discusses the results of a study which suggests we might be.
- How social is revealing a new world for the travel industry
Sep 2, 2016 by Chris Kerns
What can social data tell us about trends in the hospitality industry? Columnist Chris Kerns dives into the summer’s social travel data and comes away with three main patterns that marketers can learn from.
- Looking beyond the holiday purchase: understanding customer lifetime value
Sep 2, 2016 by James Collins
As the holidays approach, it’s time to take a close look at customer lifetime value. Columnist James Collins discusses the benefits of using data to determine the CLV of consumers gained during the holiday season and beyond.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- Is SEO right for your business?
- Is a big Google search update happening? Chatter thinks so.
- How you can better communicate PPC industry updates to clients
- Search in Pics: John Krasinski at Google, Google sorbet & Bing Ads prize box
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- New PMA Resource Guide for Affiliate Managers, thepma.org
Blogs & Blogging
- The Ultimate WordPress Travel Toolkit To Run Your Blog While You’re Away, www.wpexplorer.com
- Two Weird Tricks to Tumblr Even Faster, staff.tumblr.com
- Google Kills Plan to Make Modular Phone, www.wsj.com
- 3 Tips to Create Ultra-Targeted Content for More Engagement, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- 80/20 Rule of Creating Great Content, 97thfloor.com
- Ask a Content Guy: How Do You Keep Coming Up With New Story Ideas?, contently.com
- Why It’s a Bad Idea to Only Create Content for Your Specific Target Audience, moz.com
- Why Do So Few Marketers Care About Quality Leads?, www.convinceandconvert.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 15 Habits of Website Visitors That Will Completely Change the Way You Write Website Content, blog.crazyegg.com
- 3 Reasons Your Marketing Agency Should Integrate with a Website Builder API (and What to Expect When You Do), www.martechadvisor.com
- Freebie: Flat Line UX And E-Commerce Icon Sets, www.smashingmagazine.com
- What Is the User Experience of Content?, www.portent.com
- A good explanation of why the U.S. Government can still control .com pricing, domainnamewire.com
- ICANN’s globalization creates peril and promise, techcrunch.com
- Looks Like At Least 4 Brands Paid Tens of Thousands Each To Register 6 .Shop Domains, www.thedomains.com
- Amazon tacks on a fee to sell select brands on its marketplace, www.internetretailer.com
- Clues point Amazon Echo launching in the UK on September 14, techcrunch.com
- E-retailers begin lining up behind a simplified online tax bill, www.internetretailer.com
- The Guide to E-commerce Product Category Page Optimization, www.searchenginejournal.com
- The Three Rs That E-Commerce Marketers Should Master, www.marketingprofs.com
- 8 show-stopping email examples, myemma.com
- Different Ways You Could Build an Email List through Your YouTube Marketing Channel, www.martechadvisor.com
- Mind if I join you? Earning your place in the inbox, blog.affiliatewindow.com
General Internet Marketing
- 4 Marketing Lessons I Learned from Being a Mascot, blog.marketo.com
- 6-Step Checklist for Revamping Your Small Business’ Online Presence, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- Forget the Celebs, Reach Out to Hyperlocal Influencers Instead, www.marketingprofs.com
- Musical.ly: It’s About Marketing Opportunities, Not Endless Monetization, adexchanger.com
- Recognition Drives Better Cross-Channel Personalization, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Official Influencer Marketing Roadmap, mediakix.com
- Why Are CMOs Dropping Like Flies?, adage.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Data-led tech company Ve Interactive acquires video advertising company Optomaton for €5.13M, www.prnewswire.com
- How machine learning drives better customer service in the enterprise, venturebeat.com
- Many of today’s martech companies that espouse machine learning capabilities simply offer a workbench for data scientists, www.martechadvisor.com
- 5 tools to build a Facebook Messenger bot, venturebeat.com
- Apple’s new rule will force Google, Amazon, and others to shorten their app names, qz.com
- How 6 apps took their technologies mainstream, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Smartphone apps now account for half the time Americans spend online, techcrunch.com
- Smartphones Are Especially Essential for Millennial Mothers, www.emarketer.com
- What Do Ratings and Reviews Say About Your App?, www.adweek.com
- What Motivates Consumers to Click on Mobile Ads?, www.marketingprofs.com
- 3 Quick Facebook Optimizations To Charge Up Your Performance, www.ppchero.com
- Facebook Split Testing: How to Make Your Ads Better, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Facebook’s Privacy Settings, www.adweek.com
- Facebook, Header Bidding And The Fight For Control Of The Publisher Ecosystem, adexchanger.com
- Here’s How 6 Brands Are Using Instagram’s New Zoom Feature, adage.com
- How to Prioritize Your Social Media To-Do List, simplymeasured.com
- Social Media Users Don’t Want News in Their News Feeds (Report), www.adweek.com
- Welcome to Twitter, @Apple, venturebeat.com
- 7 Video Marketing Hacks for Social Media, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Live: How Small Businesses Can Drive Traffic to Their Website, www.searchinfluence.com
- Facebook Vertical Video Ads Just Went Live and Are Producing Great Results, www.adweek.com
- How Facebook video upstart Cooking Panda plans to go beyond overhead recipe videos, digiday.com
- These Are The YouTube Video Statistics Defining 2016, mediakix.com