Marketing Day: Most shared ads of 2016, IAB mobile ad updates & holiday emails
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- The Customer Decision Hub: What’s inside the always-on brain
Dec 1, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
The new normal for consumers is being able to do business on their terms, with companies that have products that are easy to discover, easy to use, and are personalized and relevant to them.
- Pinterest launches Showcase to give brands a way to shape their story
Dec 1, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Pinterest has launched a showcase feature to give brands the ability to present their best selves.
- Top 10 most shared global ads of 2016: UK’s John Lewis holiday ad ranks #1 with nearly 2M shares
Dec 1, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
The most shared ad of 2016 was released less than a month ago – earning 1.9 million shares since it’s November 9 launch date.
- 5 ways martech can help you reduce mobile app user churn
Dec 1, 2016 by Josh Todd
Acquiring new app users is great, but columnist Josh Todd argues it’s much more cost-effective to focus on retaining existing users. Here he shares how to use predictive analytics and other tools to keep mobile users engaged.
- How Google is tackling fake news, and why it should not do it alone
Dec 1, 2016 by Ian Bowden
What can Google do to combat fake news? Columnist Ian Bowden illustrates some ways the search giant can tackle — and already is tackling — this problem.
- How brands can win with omnichannel discovery
Dec 1, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
Omnichannel marketing is quickly becoming the norm in a multi-device world, and columnist Adam Dorfman explains the steps business can take to begin developing an omnichannel location strategy.
- IAB shares updates for MRAID, including viewability & audibility measurement
Dec 1, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
This marks the first big update to the IAB’s standard for mobile rich media ads in more than four years.
- Can tech conquer fake news?
Dec 1, 2016 by Barry Levine
Fraudulent news sites threaten the credibility of online content, but the question is whether technology can understand what is false.
- Getting the most out of your holiday emails
Dec 1, 2016 by Scott Heimes
With the holidays in full swing, columnist Scott Heimes offers tips on how to plan a successful email marketing campaign that engages your subscribers.
- Generating leads from content: Placing calls to action
Dec 1, 2016 by Brian Massey
What are the best ways to present your calls to action on a content landing page? Columnist Brian Massey outlines key strategies for getting your offer in front of your readers.
- [Podcast] Marketing Land Live #36: The Path to CMO with Deloitte’s Diana O’Brien
Dec 1, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s show, we launch a new series, “The Path to CMO,” with the first Chief Marketing Officer in the history of one of the biggest professional services companies in the world.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 10 Commonly Misunderstood Affiliate Marketing Terms (with Examples), www.amnavigator.com
- 3 Ways Your B2B Marketing Reports Stink & How to Fix Them, blog.marketo.com
- Marketing Analytics Can Improve the Customer Experience, analytics.googleblog.com
- AppNexus files for IPO, www.businessinsider.com
- EU Likely to Clear Microsoft-LinkedIn Deal With Conditions, www.wsj.com
- Twitter Dublin Managing Director Mark Little Steps Down, www.adweek.com
- 7 Tips for Creating Content With a Busy Schedule, www.copypress.com
- The Top 6 Content Trends of Christmas 2016, www.newswhip.com
- How Big Brands Use Urgency to Drive Conversions During the Holidays, unbounce.com
- How to Do Conversion Attribution Modeling, conversionxl.com
- How to Get Smarter With A/B Tests, www.cmswire.com
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 12 tips to help find the right UX and design supplier, econsultancy.com
- GoDaddy launches new Pro service letting devs manage multiple WordPress sites from a single dashboard, venturebeat.com
- The new domain transfer policy goes into effect today. Here’s what you need to know., domainnamewire.com
- 6 Reasons Instagram Is Becoming The Ultimate eCommerce Tool for 2017, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- EU proposes tax reforms to simplify cross-border e-commerce, www.retaildive.com
- Hundreds Of Millions Being Invested In Brand New Ecommerce Platform, smallbiztrends.com
- Is Cyber Monday Losing Its Sizzle?, www.emarketer.com
- Retailers are racking up big gains on online marketplaces over the holidays, www.internetretailer.com
- The best e-commerce practices used by top digital luxury brands, digiday.com
- Three Ingredients that will Accelerate Your Omnichannel Campaigns, thedma.org
- 6 Ways to Educate Your Email Subscribers and Win More Opens, www.blogtyrant.com
- How to use your response data to send better email, myemma.com
- SendGrid CEO Thinks Email Is Here to Stay and Has $33M to Prove It, www.cmswire.com
- Why Now is the Perfect Time to Start Email Marketing, blogs.constantcontact.com
General Internet Marketing
- 8 New Stats About Whether Influencer Marketing Campaigns Actually Work, www.adweek.com
- Curb End-of-Year Marketing Burnout with These Digital Marketing Quick Tips, www.toprankblog.com
- How to Build a Marketing Budget for 2017, www.searchenginejournal.com
- How to Plan Your Promotional Calendar Like a Boss, www.amyporterfield.com
Internet Marketing Industry
- Bpm’online to bring intelligent data enrichment and advanced dynamic case management to every user, www.marketwired.com
- Mobile Dominates eCommerce Holiday Sales, www.criteo.com
- Narvar Brings the Power of Artificial Intelligence to Retailers, PR Newswire
- Valassis and Lityx Expand Media Optimization Capabilities to Cross-channel Marketers, www.valassis.com
- 8 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying Martech, www.dmnews.com
- 5 Tools For Evaluating Which Hyperlocal Ads Work Best, streetfightmag.com
- Amazon Pinpoint helps developers keep users coming back to their apps, techcrunch.com
- Fitbit is reportedly buying troubled smartwatch maker Pebble for around $40 million, TechCrunch
- How Apps Are Reshaping Mobile Marketing, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- How Consumers Find and Use Online Reviews for Local Businesses, www.marketingprofs.com
- Millennial Travelers: Mobile Shopping and Booking Behavior, www.thinkwithgoogle.com
- Mobile App Marketing: How To Attract & Keep Customers Engaged, www.aimclearblog.com
- Mobile Devices Driving Longer Holiday Shopping Season, www.adweek.com
- Survey: 50% of Users Have Never Paid to Download an App, www.adweek.com
- What is a Progressive Web App and Who Should Be Using It?, www.bruceclay.com
- Mozilla and Tor release urgent update for Firefox 0-day under active attack, Ars Technica
- 76% of marketers prioritize social over other mediums for product debuts, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Consumer Group Says Everyday Instagram Users Break Ad Rules, adage.com
- Facebook’s chief AI researcher says the social network has the technology to fix fake news, qz.com
- How The Music World Flocked To Instagram In 2016, www.fastcompany.com
- How to Construct Successful LinkedIn Sponsored InMails, blog.adstage.io
- How to Find Social Media Micro-influencers for Your Small Business, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Now You Can Make Your Own Twitter Moments On Mobile, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- Pinterest Promoted Pins Now Available in Canada, www.adweek.com
- Reddit Is Tearing Itself Apart, Gizmodo
- 9 Steps to Get Millions of Views on YouTube, www.jeffbullas.com
- Facebook developing artificial intelligence to flag offensive live videos, Reuters
- Mobile Video Metrics Will Force TV To Adapt, adexchanger.com
- The Live Blog: November 30, 2016, media.fb.com
- Three Ways To Make Your Social Videos Look Better On Mobile, www.newswhip.com
- Top 4 mistakes that video marketers make, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Vimeo and VaynerMedia Create Exclusive Content Partnership, adage.com
- Why Video Is the Next Performance Marketing Category, www.convinceandconvert.com