Marketing Day: Hootsuite news, Prime Now on Alexa & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 4 reasons you should attend MarTech this May
Mar 21, 2017 by Scott Brinker
Successful organizations repeat and improve upon what works. And while last year’s MarTech San Francisco was a hit, it’s our job to find ways to improve the experience and bring more value to attendees with every new show.
- Hootsuite acquires Snapchat analytics solution from marketing firm Naritiv
Mar 21, 2017 by Barry Levine
Along with last month’s pickups of adtech firm AdEspresso and social analytics provider LiftMetrix, this purchase helps Hootsuite appeal to large enterprises.
- Amazon Alexa now accepts Prime Now orders via voice
Mar 21, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Amazon says Prime Now members can order multiple items at once and Alexa will automatically choose the next available two-hour delivery slot.
- Twitter, Periscope make it easier to stream TV-quality live broadcasts
Mar 21, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter’s Periscope Producer API removes the added step of piping a broadcast through Periscope’s app, which could degrade the stream’s quality.
- Google thaws (a little) on defamation cases
Mar 21, 2017 by Chris Silver Smith
Would-be-legal remedies for online reputation issues are still up in the air, explains contributor Chris Silver Smith, arguing that it may be time to amend the applicable legislation.
- 5-year trends in artificially intelligent marketing
Mar 21, 2017 by Daniel Faggella
How will artificial intelligence transform marketing over the coming years? Columnist Daniel Faggella dives into the results from a survey exploring the major trends and opportunities in AI for marketers.
- What happens when Google pushes into branding and messaging?
Mar 21, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
As Google elbows its way further into PPC branding, columnist Pauline Jakober discusses the drawbacks of automating tasks that impact messaging and branding.
- Google announces new brand safety controls for display & video advertisers
Mar 21, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
After coming under fire, Google says it will address advertiser concerns over extremist content.
- What is the GDPR, and why should martech care?
Mar 21, 2017 by Todd Ruback
Columnist Todd Ruback discusses the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new EU regulation meant to protect its citizens’ personal data. If you serve customers or have audience members in Europe, read on to learn how this affects you.
- How to harness the power of Facebook Local Pages to drive in-store sales
Mar 21, 2017 by Tom Kuhr
Facebook’s 1.74 billion monthly active mobile users aren’t just “liking” photos of their friends and family; they’re using it to discover where to eat, shop and travel. Contributor Tom Kuhr explains the importance of knowing how to use Local Pages to your advantage.
- Instagram opens shoppable organic posts to more businesses in the US
Mar 21, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Instagram will enable more US brands to sell products through organic photos using a new in-app tool.
- New: LinkedIn’s Matched Audiences will target ads based on people’s web browsing, email addresses
Mar 20, 2017 by Tim Peterson
LinkedIn will roll out a new ad targeting program called Matched Audiences in November, according to a leaked presentation.
- How to scale content creation for social and digital channels
Mar 20, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Content demands have risen exponentially, driven primarily by changes in consumer tech adoption. This white paper from Flashstock helps you understand what you need to know about the content economics of your production process, and solutions that will allow you to scale and meet the increasing demands of content marketing today.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Ways to Measure the Impact of Digital Experience on Lead Generation, CMS Wire
- How to Analyze Your Instagram Marketing: 4 Metrics to Consider, Social Media Examiner
- Kevin Systrom On Instagram’s Big Moves: “It’s Almost Riskier Not To Disrupt Yourself”, Fast Company
- Pinterest expects to make more than $500 million in revenue this year, Recode
- eMarketer Unveils Estimates for Native Ad Spending, eMarketer
- Schedule 30 Minutes to Uncover the Keys to More Powerful Content, Copyblogger
- Spring Cleaning Your Content Marketing Strategy, CopyPressed
- What Does a Content Markter Do? Answered by a Content Marketer, KoMarketing
- Using Personalization To Increase AOV And Conversion Rates, VWO Blog
- What a Home Shopping Network Can Teach You About Conversions, Kiss Metrics
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- Beyond The Browser: From Web Apps To Desktop Apps, Smashing Magazine
- How to Use Color to Subtly Influence Customer Behavior, Social Media Explorer
- Where Should You Spend Time on Your Website? 5 Data-Driven Opportunities, Content Marketing Institute
- 5 Positive New gTLD Charts, Domain Investing
- 10 Items or Less: How sluggish mobile apps are killing retailers in a matter of seconds, Retail Dive
- Advice for E-Commerce Newbies from We Make Websites, MailChimp Blog
- Amazon Using Logistics for FBA Orders, Pushing Ahead on Drones, Multichannel Merchant
- GoDaddy Launches Business Hosting for eCommerce, High Traffic Sites, Small Biz Trends
- Report: Digital commerce surges on mobile growth, Retail Dive
- Designing the Receipt: How to Put the Trance in Transactional Emails, Movable Ink Blog
- Five Easy Tips to Improve Your Email Open Rates, Small Biz Trends
- Report: More Customers Read and Engaged with Marketing Emails in 2016, KoMarketing
General Internet Marketing
- April 2017 Marketing and Holiday Planning, Constant Contact
- The Data-Driven Marketer’s Guide to Influencer Marketing, ConversionXL
Internet Marketing Industry
- Taptica materially improves FY revenue, pretax profit, Stock Market Wire
- 32 questions you should ask when you interview a martech leader, Chief Marketing Technologist
- AI for B2B Marketers – What to Expect in 2017?, MarTech Advisor
- Should Your Business Implement AI and Machine-Learning?, MarketingProfs
- 4 Ways to Save the Mobile Ad Experience, Adweek
- Apple introduces Clips: the fun, new way to create expressive videos on iOS, Apple
- What eBay, Campmor and other retailers have learned from using Google AMP, Digiday
- When Micro Experiences Deliver Macro Results, CMS Wire
- 12 Helpful Tips for Effectively Using Social Media at Events, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Customer Service on Twitter: The Dos and Don’ts, Branded3
- Facebook’s powerhouse Dynamic Product Ads – why and how to use them, 3Q Digital
- How to Achieve Consistent Branding on Social Media, Social Media Explorer
- How to Effectively Generate Backlinks on Pinterest, Small Biz Trends
- LinkedIn’s Enterprise Edition for salespeople costs $1,600 a pop, per year, Quartz
- Mine LinkedIn Psychographic Data via Sales Navigator Easter Egg, Aimclear Blog
- Pinterest to Marketers: Get Your Mother’s Day Campaigns in Gear, Adweek
- Reddit plans a profile page redesign reminiscent of Facebook and Twitter, TechCrunch
- Retailers Can Now Make Instagram Posts Much More Shoppable, Adweek
- Social Media Content Strategy: 4 Critical Questions for Small Businesses, Small Biz Trends
- The 2017 Facebook Awards Are Now Accepting Entries, Facebook for Business
- Twitter nixed 635k+ terrorism accounts between mid-2015 and end of 2016, TechCrunch
- What Does the Bot Bubble Mean for Facebook’s Long Game?, Street Fight
- What Instagram Influencers Charge to Post Sponsored Content, MarketingProfs
- Where To Find Viral Content To Boost Your Brand’s Social Standing, Webpresence Inbound Marketing Blog
- Are AR and VR Ads Compelling Enough?, eMarketer
- Marketing Video: SEO Basics and Quick Tips, MarketingProfs
From our sponsors: Marketing Day: Hootsuite news, Prime Now on Alexa & more