Marketing Day: Google Assistant, Progressive Web Apps & mobile ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Don’t let your business play possum with local search
Oct 5, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
Columnist Adam Dorfman explains how Google’s recent local search algorithm update, “Possum,” has impacted brick-and-mortar businesses.
- Multi-location local SEO strategy: domain structure
Oct 5, 2016 by Andrew Beckman
How should brands with multiple brick-and-mortar locations structure their web properties? Columnist Andrew Beckman weighs in.
- Google and Progressive Web Apps: the mobile experience and SEO
Oct 5, 2016 by Jim Yu
What’s the deal with Progressive Web Apps? Columnist Jim Yu explains this exciting new mobile web technology and discusses relevant SEO considerations.
- Using search marketing to amplify TV buys: SMX East 2016
Oct 5, 2016 by Erin Everhart
Columnist Erin Everhart provides key takeaways on a session from SMX East 2016 detailing the relationship between paid search and TV advertising.
- What you need to know about the state of mobile advertising
Oct 5, 2016 by Aaron Strout
Columnist Aaron Strout takes a look at the types of mobile ad formats that exist today, as well as the technology and data that powers them.
- Google’s Assistant, Home announcements preview a new kind of ‘augmented reality’
Oct 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
With the launch of this new ecosystem, the physical world adds more digital layers.
- How Pinterest is cracking the social commerce code
Oct 5, 2016 by Wayne St. Amand
As the holidays quickly approach, contributor Wayne St. Amand says now is the time for brands to look toward Pinterest and its ability to convert sales.
- Salesforce buys DMP Krux
Oct 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company’s latest acquisition brings in-house the data needed to conduct large-scale audience segmentation and targeting.
Recent Headlines From Search Engine Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Search News & Information:
- AdWords Editor now supports more ad formats, device bidding
- Is Account-Based Marketing right for your business?
- How to check which URLs have been indexed by Google using Python
- Infographic: 11 amazing hacks that will boost your organic click-through rates
- Give Google a break: Tackling paid links is harder than you may think
- Google My Business testing advanced verification process for spammy map categories
- Google Home responding with featured snippets
- Wanted: session ideas for SMX West
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Spotlight on Google Tag Manager: Open and Secure Tag Management, Analytics Blog
Blogs & Blogging
- 5 Things You Hadn’t Considered About Setting Up Your First WordPress Blog, www.blogherald.com
- 8 Blogger Tools to Help Promote Your Content, Social Media Examiner
- How to Leverage the 80/20 Rule for Blogging Success, ProBlogger
- Super Simple Ways To Leverage Your Blog That Will Massively Improve Your Social Strategy, blog.crazyegg.com
- Wix Introduces New Blog Templates, New Small Biz Podcast, smallbiztrends.com
- WordPress 4.7 Will Allow Developers to Register Custom Bulk Actions in Admin List Tables, wptavern.com
- 4 reasons the Google Pixel could get Google sued, The Next Web
- Jack Dorsey Is Losing Control of Twitter, Bloomberg
- MailChimp and the Un-Silicon Valley Way to Make It as a Start-Up, New York Times
- Pinterest Names Twitter Executive Todd Morgenfeld as First CFO, Wall Street Journal
- Twitter bids expected to come in this week, Salesforce among suitors, WSJ
- Brand Summit LA Branded Content Poll, Ad Age
- 4 Proven Principles of Psychology that Will Boost Your Conversions, semrush.com
Display & Contextual Advertising
- How retailers are increasing sales with personalised, cross-device ad targeting, eConsultancy
- .US Gains Over 100K Domains On 1st Day of $.10 Registration Promotion, thedomains.com
- 10 Notable sales on NameJet last month, Domain Name Wire
- Lycos sells HotBot.com for $155,000, Domain Name Wire
- Common Mistakes from Amazon Sellers, Practical E-Commerce
- Eight Ways You’re Killing Your E-Commerce Sales, MarketingProfs
- Etsy helps sellers run Google Shopping campaigns, internetretailer.com
- Kohl’s launches mobile payment app ahead of holidays, www.retaildive.com
- How the Finance Industry Uses Email Automation, Movable Ink
- The best holiday email marketing: Subject lines, Emma Email Marketing Blog
General Internet Marketing
- The Most Common Demand Generation Mistakes That Sabotage Your Success, Marketo
Internet Marketing Industry
- Google says more than 20 million students are using Chromebooks, VentureBeat
- B2B Firms Have Several Marketing Tech Systems to Integrate, eMarketer
- Criteo And HookLogic CEOs On The Logic Behind The Acquisition, Ad Exchanger
- HEEK Simplifies the Process of Website Creation by Introducing Chatbot, www.martechadvisor.com
- Six Broken (or Almost Broken) Ad-Tech Promises, Ad Age
- MomentFeed Uses Location Data to Boost ROI on Snapchat Campaigns, Street Fight
- 6 Crazy Social Media Ad Ideas to Make You Look Like A Big Deal, www.wordstream.com
- How Brands Are Using Instagram Stories to Impact the Buyer’s Journey, simplymeasured.com
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media [+ 75 Industry Breakdowns], trackmaven.com
- Twitter study says that responding to tweets pays off for businesses, TechCrunch
- Utilize Facebook’s Unpublished Posts to Increase Social Proof, 3Q Digital
- Why Your Facebook Ads Don’t Perform Like AdWords (And Why They Never Will), KISS Metrics
- How Barclays transformed its video content strategy, eConsultancy
- Online Video Metrics That Really Matter for B2B & B2C Marketers, tubularinsights.com
- YouTube to Add Global Resolution Setting in Future Update, Androidheadlines.com
From our sponsors: Marketing Day: Google Assistant, Progressive Web Apps & mobile ads